Carrie was the face of the Hollywood bikini craze in the 1990s and 2000s.
But her days in a bikini are done, and her fans don’t seem too bothered about it.
Fisher, the actress who played Princess Leia in the original Star Wars trilogy, is still a big-time Hollywood draw.
So she had plenty of opportunity to promote herself, and the bikini scene she played in “The Force Awakens” is one of her favorites.
In an interview with CNN last month, Fisher said she was thrilled when she was asked to participate in a new series of promotional videos that the network is releasing this week.
“I think that it’s great,” she said.
“Because I can finally go back and say, ‘I have the opportunity to be in this, and I can show that I still have it.'”
In an excerpt from the interview, Fisher also said that the “Force Awakens” trailers will be released on Saturday and will feature her as the star of a new Disney TV series.
“It’s a new way to be part of the Star Wars universe, and a new time for me to be able to play a part,” she told CNN.
“This is my first time, and it’s going to be my first chance to be involved in that universe.
I hope I can be involved.”
But it’s not the only time Fisher has gotten in on the action.
In October, she was the target of an online campaign aimed at making her look old, and she said she didn’t want to be associated with it.
“You’ve got to remember that I’m 50 years old,” she joked.
“So I’m not going to wear a little too many old clothes or a little more makeup or a lot of makeup or get into too much trouble for it.
I don’t want this to be something that I get caught in.”
Fisher told CNN that she has no regrets about participating in the campaign, which also included a photo of herself posing next to a bikini in the shape of a star.
“They wanted me to look like I was a star,” she recalled.
“That was really cool.
I’m very excited about that, and all of the cool things that have happened.”
The actress is also one of several women who are taking part in a #BringBackOurGirls campaign to encourage women and girls across the world to join the fight against violence against women.
“We have the power to end violence against girls and women and men,” actress Laverne Cox said in a statement.
“Bringing back our girls and our women is our responsibility, and we must be a force to reckon with the problem of female genital mutilation and violence against female children.
We must do more to stop the violence that takes place on a daily basis around the world.”
In addition to her role in “Star Wars,” Fisher also has her own reality show, “Carrie Fisher’s Revenge,” which airs on Netflix and is available in the U.S. The show has also been a huge hit in Russia, where the show has gained over 20 million viewers since its debut.
Fisher is also on the cover of Vogue magazine.
Her other TV series include “The Carrie Fisher Show,” “The Librarian,” “My Life as Carrie Fisher,” “Princess Leia: The Complete Series,” and “The Princess Bride.”
Fisher is not the first Hollywood star to take a stand against violence in the wake of the Orlando shooting.
Actress Sarah Paulson also posted a video on Facebook saying she was “shocked” to learn that Orlando’s Pulse nightclub shooter Omar Mateen had been in contact with her, and that she had been threatened with a gun.
Paulson posted the video as part of a public service announcement she made in her hometown of Portland, Oregon.
“As I was preparing for this show and speaking to the Orlando community, I had to make a choice,” she wrote.
“Do I stand with those who want to kill, maim, rape, and rape and murder our fellow Americans or do I stand and say enough is enough?
Let’s stand together and protect our rights and our freedoms and let’s stop these attacks and protect the people who love us.”